Bougie Grubs Creamy Taco Soup
Creamy Taco Soup is a delicious and comforting dish that combines the flavors of tacos with a creamy soup base. Here's a simple recipe for Creamy Taco Soup:
2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
2 packets (about 1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
1 cup of Pico de Gallo
3 cans beef broth
3 cups cooked shell pasta
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
Chopped fresh cilantro
Sour cream (optional, for garnish)
Sliced green onions (optional, for garnish)
Tortilla chips (optional, for serving)
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef with onions and bell peppers over medium-high heat, breaking it into crumbles as it cooks. Drain any excess fat if necessary.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the meat mixture and stir to coat the meat evenly with the seasoning.
- Add broth and pico de gallo to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20-30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Stir occasionally.
- Once the soup has simmered and the flavors have melded, stir in the heavy cream, cream cheese, pasta, and cheddar cheese. Allow the soup to heat through, but do not let it boil again.
- Serve the Creamy Taco Soup hot, garnished with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, and tortilla chips if desired.
Feel free to customize this recipe to your taste by adding other toppings like diced avocado, jalapeño slices, or a squeeze of lime juice. This soup is perfect for a cozy dinner or for serving a crowd on game day.