Bougie Grubs Pi(e) Day
We know, it is an old joke. But we could not resist the temptation to celebrate Pi Day with Bougie Grubs and her delicious pie recipe! To the math enthusiasts and those with a sweet tooth, this one is for you. Happy Pi(e) Day!
2 cups of chopped strawberries
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp of vanilla
1 package of premade pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the crust to warm up on the counter until you can unroll it without it cracking.
2. Mix strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Use a cup or three-inch round cookie cutter to cut circles of dough.
4. Lay half the circles on a cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment.
5. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling onto the center of each round. Top with remaining rounds. Use a fork to press the edges to seal. Use a knife to cut at least one or two slits in the top to allow steam to escape while baking.
6. Brush hand pies with egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pies are light golden on top. Cool before handling.